ENGLISH CEMETERY

ENGLISH CEMETERY
The English Cemetery of Guayacán, located north of the Herradura bay, is the oldest private necropolis in the region dating from 1865.

His tombstones of stone, marble, wood, iron and slag brought from the old continent, are the testimony of the rest of the remains of the workers and administrators of the copper foundry that existed in Guayacán, British consuls, sailors and cadets, soldiers who fought in the Pacific War, architects and businessmen who were attracted by the mining and agricultural riches of the province were established in this corner of the South Pacific during the nineteenth century.