EMPALME

EMPALME

The former train station Empalme of Coquimbo is located in the center of the city and stands out for its architecture of the nineteenth and twentieth century’s. The beginnings date back to 1862, when English railways of line 8, bound for Ovalle and La Serena, crossed Coquimbo for its main avenue.
In 1903 the State asked to construct the station Nº508 to Le Cruseat Schnneider, being its structure of iron brought from France. It is an important tourist patrimonial point of Coquimbo.

el-empalme